CRA Dispute Resolution Process

Accountant in Toronto

Although CRA processes most items correctly, they will occasionally make a mistake, or there might be a time when you disagree with their decision. Errors can be corrected, and if you disagree with an assessment, there is a mechanism by which an appeal can be filed. These appeals must be filed within a set amount of time, typically 90 days from the date of the assessment. We can help you decide on the best course of action, whether it is a phone call to CRA or a written objection.

We can also help if you have missed reporting income or are behind in filing your taxes, even if it is for a number of years. Under certain circumstances, we can obtain relief from penalties and partial relief from interest.